7.23.2009

Little Plastic Horses features Fashion Chalet



Rocketing back and forth from classic to trendsetting, Erika of Fashion Chalet has an innate sense of style worth studying. A quick glimpse through the Archives showcases: sturdy boots, leg flattering minis, cheeky prints and one-of-a-kind ensembles. A quick peek into the blog of Fashion Chalet suggests that Erika thoroughly enjoys dressing up and taking risks that work!

Erika doesn't garner one look, she encompasses them all. I was lucky enough to steal Erika away for a few minutes to ask her some questions.


1. Thousands visit your blog for inspiration. Which blogs do you frequent?
I visit quite a few, if it weren't for bloglovin' I don't know how I could possibly keep up. These stand out right now: Inside Mode, Le Cheap c'est Chic, Amarillo-blogg, tumblr, Cartoon Styles, KnightCat, Little Plastic Horses!!!! Olsens Anonymous and Le Fashion Image.


2. Emergency!!!! You can only save 3 pieces from your wardrobe. What are they?
Sam Edelman ankle booties, Jewelry box, Cheap Monday skinny jeans.


3. Music! There's always an excellent selection playing at Fashion Chalet. Explain what you like and why.
Thank you. I pull from television series a lot, as well as my own personal playlists. I tend to be all over the map with music. Whatever has a great beat or lyrics attracts me to keep listening and grooving to a tune.


4. How do you go about styling your outfits? Where do you start?
I used to work around the shoes, but sometimes I'll work around a particular piece of clothing. It all depends on the weather and my mood. But usually I grab a piece; be it clothes or shoes and construct around that.


5. Favorite stores? And favorite things about each one?
Forever 21 best accessories and cutest shoes for even better prices. Urban Outfitters for up-to-the-minute trends. Nordstrom and Barneys for designer pieces to mix in with vintage. I also love thrift stores and vintage boutiques for the unexpected.


6. You twitter often about food, is it another passion? Why?
Yes it is. I took a Culinary class in between College and University and enjoyed it immensely. My two passions after fashion are cooking and learning new languages. So far I speak English, French and Spanish. As far as cooking goes, I'm better at cooking than baking. I dabble a lot in Italian, Chinese and seafood.


7. If you could invent your own clothing line, what would the collection look like? I've always envisioned something part Grecian with touches of Gypsy embellishments. Long, flowy pieces; yet airy in fabric. As for shoes, the more platform the better; and I would enjoy bringing the wedge shoe back in circulation.


8. To your readers, you would like to say:
I read all of your comments through email and always find myself giddy with excitement after a new post, just waiting to hear all of your feedback. I try my best to reply as often as I can. You guys are all what make taking photos in the hot sun more than worthwhile. I love you!!! Thank you. :)

16 comments:

FASHION CHALET said...

Oh Cat thank you the collage is awesome will definitely be saving it. Going to twitter it now!!!! :)



x

Brittany said...

cool rings i would save the sam edelmans too if i ever get to find them in my size or at all ..... nice collage

Allegra Stahn said...

YAY ERIKA
I like the food answer cause I always wondered too. retweeted your tweet about it.

Allegra



http://twitter.com/BambooRd
http://bambooroad.tumblr.com

Anonymous said...

haute!

Lissa said...

Erika - you're pretty amazing. Love the Sams, and your answers!

Cat - you're still my hero, dear :D

Heavenly Hummingbird said...

love her blog

Ajoli said...

Nice to know about her music influence and how she dresses too,.

jessie said...

I love those stores and her outfits too :) we've hung out before she's super cool and sweet!!

-jessie-

stephanie said...

congrats erika!!!! you deserve this shout out post.

we love you, lady! You've got a timeless classic hollywood glamour that's inherent to your demeanor.
i loved reading what you would save! you are so right about those sam's lol!


and thanks for the shout out ;)

xx

Bombshell Kitten said...

Love that you featured her! Great interview and very current collage there.

adriella said...

my favoritos los vaqueros y that trench! :)

Juliana said...

GREAT!! way to go-- the collage is amazing and so are her answers. My favorite 2 and 5 :)

cryystalball.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

oh she is the sweetest, I really enjoy her blog! nicely done with the interview :)

talitasbubble.blogspot.com

L. said...

Love your blog and love Fashion Chalet, too! :)

FASHION CHALET said...

aww, thanks you guys!!! :]

x

aura said...

your answer to number 8 is great erika marie

*aura*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DISCLAIMER:

I do not claim to own any of these images and give appropriate credit to their sole owners.
*However, I do tend to resize, alter the coloring or simply Photoshop them to look their best.

Please credit me when used.
Thank you, Cat Wallace.
 
Your Text